Bookworms! I got my first ever blog award! Thank you Karina @ Afire Pages. I feel so honored, 🙂
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story on how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you, and link to their page
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
How Ginger Night Owl got started . . .
When I joined Twitter in May 2016, I joined the book community pretty fast and of course most everyone had a book blog. I had wanted to create a website (or a blog) but debated whether I wanted to host it myself or not. I decided to just go with a free WP blog. I originally didn’t intend on it being a book blog. Just a smorgasbord of things, with a minor focus on book reviews and other book-ish things. I’m not as active as I would like to be, but life gets in the way sometimes.
Don’t let the words Advanced Readers Copy (ARC) define you as a book blogger. You don’t need to have all the upcoming titles to be a good blogger. I used to think that way, but then I see how some bloggers struggle with keeping up and never have time with reading their own to be read lists. In my opinion, for every blogger that reviews only ARCs – there needs to be one or two bloggers reviewing other books that are forgotten or overlooked. That’s the way I look at it . . . blogging is about spreading the word of a book or author, and having fun doing it. If we’re all reviewing the same things, then there’s a great author who is going unnoticed. Blogging isn’t an excuse for free books.
Have fun with it! If you’re not having fun with your blog and the experience . . . then you’re doing it for the wrong reasons. Don’t worry about your numbers – views, visits, followers. Those numbers don’t make you a good or bad blogger.
I nominate the following blogs ( in no particular order) for being amazing in one way or another . . . I love all of you ladies! ❤
- Sanovia @ Creatyve Books
- Valerie @ He Said Books or Me
- Sara @ A Gingerly Review
- Crystal @ Bookiemoji
- Tika @ Fan Girl Confessions
- Austine @ Novel Knight
- Christina @ Ensconced in Lit
- Brianna & Angelina @ Fables Library
- Octavia @ Read. Sleep. Repeat
- Emily @ Emily Reads Everything
- Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler
- Leah @ Bumble Bee Books
- Alice @ Alice’s Book Vault
- Jamie @ The Broke and the Bookish
- Samantha @ Paper Cuts